There are cross-cutting issues which are the root causes of the situations that the respective programmes seek to address. In additional there are socio-cultural practices which would inhibit the success of the interventions sought by the programmes. In order to address the root causes all programmes will integrate: peace building, information, education and communication for transformation, gender and environment protection
- To mainstream cross-cutting issues, namely, peace building and advocacy, information, communication, education for transformation, gender and environment protection, so as to address root causes and inculcate positive behaviour change.
- To build on social and community organization and local leaders to promote and inculcate change in communities
- To develop appropriate messages for cross-cutting initiatives and identify opportunities to deliver them.
- To develop co-operation with actors in the locations where ADA is operating so as to be given opportunity to disseminate messages in social gatherings.
- To identify and form players for role plays and give them the required support so as to perform their roles effectively.